Friday, December 28, 2012

Looking back, planning forward

Last year around this time I was setting some goals for myself.  Here they are:  Goals for 2012

This is what I was able to do:

My original running goals for the coming year were:

  • √Run 5k under 21:40 Ran 21:13 in March 5k
  • Run the Flying Pig Half Marathon or the Cap City Half  in under 1:45 managed 1:51 (holy hills!)
  • Run the Air Force 10k or Half in under 46:00/ under 1:45Ran Full marathon instead!
  • Run the Columbus Half Marathon in under 1:45  wanted to run this...next year...

My realistic goals for 2012:
  • √Run/Finish a 5k by March
  • Run/Finish the Flying Pig 10k in May
  • Run/Finish the AF 10k in a "decent" time 
  • Finish Columbus Half
My more realistic goals for 2012:
  • Increase flexibility in calves so they are at least 10 degrees
  • √Walk a full day without any heel pain
  • √Start running again
  • Strength training and core
  • √Spinning- don't go under 11 for resistance- bike at least 20 miles per class 

So what are my plans for 2013?

  • Run 13 13.1s in 2013 
    • I haven't fully committed to this since as of today, I still am working on my IT band issues.  But the year is long, and who knows? Last year I never would have imagined I would run 2 full marathons in 2012. 
  • Run Cincinnati's Flying Pig 3 way- I've already signed up and this will be my "A" race for the spring.  5k and 10k on Saturday, 1/2 marathon on Sunday.  This is more of a challenge in training.  I'm looking forward to track workouts and speed training.
  • Run Air Force 1/2 marathon in 1:45
  • Run Columbus Full or Half in under 4:16/1:42 We'll see about the full...
  • Run at least 5 ORRRC races and at least 2 with the boys.
  • Try to run with Up and Running at least 2 times a month

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Athlinks

Disclaimer:  I am promoting  Athlinks  as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a  BibRave Pro (ambassador) , and check out...