Tuesday, September 11, 2012

In Hal Higdon we trust

Hopefully, Hal, this is going to work! 



I can't believe theAir Force Marathon is this week.  Holy Crap!  I'm really excited and I'm scared at the same time.  I know I can do it.  I can. I have - a long time ago, but I have. 

my worries:
  • never ran more then 20 miles- how am I going to do 6.2 more to run?
  • I altered my training plan- with an extra day of xtraining instead of running- will I regret that?
  • I'm not 100%- I have a stuffy nose and cough :-(
  • not having crowd support (most of the run will be on the Air Force base)
  • rain, or too much sun - most of our runs have been done before the sun got too high in the sky and hardly ever in the rain
  • I didn't get my last 8 miler in. I found out Codeine and I don't get along- sick as a dog this past weekend.
On the positive side:
  • I'm healthy (leg wise)
  • My running buddy, Carrie, is healthy so we should be able to run it all together! 
  • The weather looks decent 70s as a high 50s as a low (still 30% chance of rain)
  • I'm going probably PR- I have to break 5hrs 52 mins. I ran 20 in 3 hrs 18 a few weeks ago- so...
  •  I don't have crowd support on my normal runs, so really can be too bad, right?
  • My mom and nephew are coming to watch, along with my dear hubby and kiddos. Yay! Family!!!  
Ok, enough for now, more to come.  Expo on Thursday, race on Saturday.

 Good luck everyone!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Athlinks

Disclaimer:  I am promoting  Athlinks  as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a  BibRave Pro (ambassador) , and check out...