Thursday, September 6, 2012

Not now!

Don't judge, we just ran 20 miles!
  • 20 mile run - check
  • 12 mile taper run- check
  • lots of sleep- check
  • GETTING A COLD A WEEK OUT FROM 26.2- check!!!!
my new BFFs
Totally panicking here.  I've gone from sore throat, to head cold, to coughing to now huge frog in my throat.  I'm hoping my dr appt will help.  I generally wouldn't care. But really? one week before my big race- not cool at all.   I figure I'll be fine to run it, it just might not be a good as it could be.  It's still a week out, and who knows, hopefully I'll be completely over it!

In other news:



  • Buster and Cub ran a kids cross country race at our local high school.  They had a 1000 m XC race for kids in 4th grade or younger.  Cub was cool with it but Buster was a bit nervous and almost backed out last minute but wise words from the big brother convinced him it was going to be ok.  He's always watched Cub run in little races but he's never had a chance to do it.  
I'll let the pictures do the talking!


Buster and Cub with Weebee

Cub getting starting instructions



Surprise! Cub in the lead!




Surprise- little guy, is 4th!








Water and ribbons at the end!


love this shot of Buster





I did it!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Athlinks

Disclaimer:  I am promoting  Athlinks  as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a  BibRave Pro (ambassador) , and check out...