1. Run under 1:40 for a half marathon
2. Run under 3:40 for a full marathon
3. Work on core
4. Eat clean
5. Run 1600 miles
What really happened:
2. Run under 3:40 for a full marathon I knew this goal wasn't going to happen in July when my hip started giving me such problems that I had to cross train only for weeks. I wasn't even sure I'd toe the line in October for the Chicago Marathon. I did recover but my training was not intense as planned. I ended up running 4:04 on race day. My mini goal was around 4:15 so I beat that AND the biggest thing was I finished with a smile because my race nutrition worked. Tailwind Nutrition is the nectar of the running gods!
3. Work on core I definitely worked on my core but I need to do more.
5. Run 1600 miles So close, as of today I'm 1512 miles in this year. I have 2 more days but no way I'll be running enough to meet that goal.
1. Run a strong marathon at the Glass City Marathon (In a perfect marathon day, I'd run 3:40 for a BQ +5mins)
2. Run under 45:00 for a 10k (early fall race)
3. Run under 1:40 for a half marathon (late fall)
4. Xtrain more- swim or bike/spin once a week
5. Sleep- Get 8 hours of sleep at least 5x a week
6. Participate more within the Oiselle Ohio Volée
7. core x3 week/ yoga 3x week
8. Listen and respect my body's need to recover better
9. Continue to work on clean eating as an individual and creating healthy options for my family
10. Run 1500 miles next year. (I needed a 10th goal- lower the goal for next year but I'm also going to xtrain one day)
On the family side of things:
Our family goals this year:
1. Each kid will be in charge of 1 night of dinner per week. They can pick their sous-chef to help them. All meals must include a protein and veggie/fruit. (We might be having some pretty basic foods for awhile but I think that letting them have a chance to pick the dinner and fix it is important).
2. Family reading challenge- we'll record the number of pages we read. I need this motivation. I've gotten so bad with using the ipad and reading things online that the kids never see me read anymore.
We shall see how it goes. I'll post here.