Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Yay! Summer's here!

Wow! I'm so happy to finally be on summer vacation.  It's nice to have some down time to try to get all the projects that I've been wanting to do done.  I'm going to have to do a list otherwise it might get lost in the shuffle of summer camps/ swimming lessons, oh, and marathon training. 

Speaking of... week 4 of marathon training.
Monday- spinning class

Tuesday- ran 3 on trails, then our end of year school party was cancelled since it was also the transit of venus watching party and it was cloudy-boo.  Anyways, headed off to spinning again since the class was heading out to happy hour/$1 burgers at a nearby bar afterwards.  I felt guilty about going, but I can't remember the last time I went out with people for drinks.  (oh the life a mommy!)  It was nice, but made sure I was home for storytime. 

Wednesday- 6 miles on the trails again- felt awesome and pushed myself.  Ran it in 56 mins.  More about that time later...

Thursday, Friday, Saturday- I took off.  I was too busy with work and I was tired.

Sunday-  Ran 5 on our trail, then ran the Dirty Dude Girl 10k so a total of 11 miles.  I felt great the first part.  The race part I was struggling. Carrie kept pulling ahead, and I just couldn't make myself do it.  I'd like to think it was because I was saving myself for next weekend (wow-really soon) since I'm running the Canton Half Marathon but I just didn't have it in me. Vegged around the house watching recorded stages of the Criterium du Dauphine the rest of the day.  Can't wait to watch the la Tour de France.  Even my boys get into it. 
Yes, we did pass the little girl
Was happy with a strong finish - didn't want the skirt girl we'd be chasing down to catch me at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Athlinks

Disclaimer:  I am promoting  Athlinks  as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a  BibRave Pro (ambassador) , and check out...