Thursday, July 19, 2012

Air Force Marathon Training week 10


I wish I could say that I've been so busy that I haven't been keeping up with my blog...but I've just had a pretty boring week.  

We've been working on our house a bit.  Finally got an electrician in to install some new outlets for our computer area and install a few lights.  It's amazing how much of a difference a light can do.  

We also finally peeled off the Winnie the Pooh border that has been in Buster's room since we moved in.  It was never my taste, but when we moved into the house we had an 18 month old who was into everything and we were both starting new jobs.  Needless to say, baby # 2 or Buster inherited the room and he's almost 6.  Buster picked a spring green/lime green color for the room.  It's very much his personality.  Bright and Excited!  

New lights, bright paint and new shoes!
Air Force Training Week 10 (already?!) crap, only 8 weeks left!

Sunday- Ran the trails 13 miles.  It was a horrible run for me.  I was tired from after the first 3 miles, my legs were sore and the humidity was awful.  I was just happy to get this one on the books.

Monday- spinning

Tuesday- 4 mile at 6 am (humid)

Wednesday- 8 mile run (felt a bit better- today-still humid) I think I wore the most god awful yet so practical running outfit this am.  Normal top and bottom (aqua tank, pink shorts- then I wanted compression socks for this run, only had my purple Run Love socks, and my new bright yellow Mizuno Wave Rider 15 running shoes)  I don't care.  I could be seen on the road at least.  Shoes I have no control on the color (I guess I do, but I choose not to care when the shoes work for me) 

Thursday (today)-rest.  Birthday dinner for my dh!  Happy Birthday, sweetie!

Friday- 17 miles - Longest run since 2001. I'lldoing this a day early since my running buddy can't do it this weekend.  We're going to try to do some loops around the high school so we can stop and get Nuun and refill on water.  

The nice thing is after this- I'll have 2 days of rest. Yay!

How's training going for you? 
I'm getting nervous about the higher mileage runs. Does it ever get easier?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Athlinks

Disclaimer:  I am promoting  Athlinks  as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a  BibRave Pro (ambassador) , and check out...