Sunday, January 29, 2012

Freeze your thorns off virtual 5k race report

Wednesday I had to take a day off of work for my MRI on my miraculously/cortisone fixed foot.  I'd been feeling pretty good for a week so after dropping off the kids I decided to go for a run.  

It was pretty cold, around 23 degrees, gray sky, and windy.  Sounds like a pretty nice day in Ohio in January.  I set out on one of my normal routes through the neighborhood.  I wish I could say it was exciting but it wasn't.  Other than my legs froze even though I had running pants on- definitely need to find another pair of fleece lined tights!  I use the map my run app on my iphone so I knew where my miles were but I had to guesitmate the .1 mile.  I'm going to say it was 25:44.  I'll take it!  I haven't run seriously in 14 weeks now since my heel problems. 

I hoping this means I'm on the comeback trail.   I swear by spinning now as an awesome cross training activity.  I've been doing it 3-4 times a week for about 12 weeks and I feel cardio-wise I'm where I should be plus my legs feel strong.  I powered up hills like nothing!  I will be definitely be keeping spinning in my training!    

Post run pic for ya

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Athlinks

Disclaimer:  I am promoting  Athlinks  as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a  BibRave Pro (ambassador) , and check out...