Saturday, January 14, 2012

standing by

Made another appt to see my Dr after my PT urged me to.  My PT suggested that since "we've tried everything" and the cortisone shot only gave me 3 days of relief that I might need to get an x ray.

Part of my PT is stretching and strengthening then I get therapeutic ultrasound on my heel to help with inflammation and topped off with a massage.  Strangely, the ultrasound hurt this time around.  I asked if he'd changed the settings, but they were where they always were.  He turned it down, then after a minute it started to hurt again.  He then got curious and tried using a tuning fork/vibration thingy and touched different parts of my foot and asked if I had any pain.  Nothing with that.  My PT told me that I might have a small fracture/stress fracture since the ultrasound hurt and I haven't had much relief with the cortisone shot. I wonder why the ultrasound hurt this time, when we've been doing it every pt session.  Is it that the cortisone did get rid of the swelling so now I can feel it differently?   So off to the Dr's I go again on Monday...this time demanding a xray.   Seriously? I just want to be able to run.  I'm so done with this.  

Edit 1/16/12:  Negative on the xray for a stress fracture but I'm getting an MRI in the near future.  So, we'll see.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Athlinks

Disclaimer:  I am promoting  Athlinks  as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a  BibRave Pro (ambassador) , and check out...