This is what I was able to do:
My original running goals for the coming year were:
√Run 5k under 21:40Ran 21:13 in March 5k
- Run the Flying Pig Half Marathon or the Cap City Half in under 1:45 managed 1:51 (holy hills!)
Run the Air Force 10k or Half in under 46:00/ under 1:45Ran Full marathon instead! Run the Columbus Half Marathon in under 1:45wanted to run this...next year...
My realistic goals for 2012:
- √Run/Finish a 5k by March
Run/Finish the Flying Pig 10k in May Run/Finish the AF 10k in a "decent" time Finish Columbus Half Increase flexibility in calves so they are at least 10 degrees
- √Walk a full day without any heel pain
- √Start running again
Strength training and core
- √Spinning- don't go under 11 for resistance- bike at least 20 miles per class
So what are my plans for 2013?
- Run 13 13.1s in 2013
- I haven't fully committed to this since as of today, I still am working on my IT band issues. But the year is long, and who knows? Last year I never would have imagined I would run 2 full marathons in 2012.
- Run Cincinnati's Flying Pig 3 way- I've already signed up and this will be my "A" race for the spring. 5k and 10k on Saturday, 1/2 marathon on Sunday. This is more of a challenge in training. I'm looking forward to track workouts and speed training.
- Run Air Force 1/2 marathon in 1:45
- Run Columbus Full or Half in under 4:16/1:42 We'll see about the full...
- Run at least 5 ORRRC races and at least 2 with the boys.
- Try to run with Up and Running at least 2 times a month