Thursday, June 8, 2017

Shoe Review: Adidas UltraBoost X



Disclaimer: I received the Adidas UltraBoost X to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!

I love Adidas running shoes. I've been wearing the Adidas Energy Boost 3 for about a year. I jumped at the chance to try out the UltraBoost X.

1st impression: These look like minimal shoes. They came with a sock-upper glued to a running shoe sole which definitely was not minimal (10 mm drop) I immediately worried about my Powerstep Pinnicle inserts that I've used in my shoes since a nasty case of plantar fasciitis about 5 years ago. I also worried that my narrow heel would slip a ton without being able to lace lock the laces. This was all forgotten as soon as a slipped them on!




These shoes cradle your foot in what the website calls a "Primeknit upper" that includes a "floating arch". They fit like a glove or slippers. These shoes felt amazing. I never tried these shoe with my inserts because with the arch being how it was it seemed that it wouldn't work right. The upper was supportive with out being restrictive. My heel didn't slip at all which shocked me! I felt fast, too! The Boost cushioning was very responsive. I felt like I was running clouds but not in that "floating, can't feel the road" kind of way. Kind of like when you don't normally run on a track, then you do, and it feels like it gives energy back to your legs.

I wore these with socks with the exception of one time. Even without socks the Primeknit upper was so comfortable. Adidas has pads around the opening where it could rub against your ankle bones. I have an accessory navicular bone on one foot and my Energy Boosts always rub there but the Ultraboost X didn't at all.
padding in the inside is hard to see but it's there

I think these shoes would be awesome for triathletes. You could slip on the shoe with the laces tied and be out of T2 in a heartbeat. I didn't run long distances in these shoes since I got them right after my last marathon so my runs were shorter. I think that these could be used up to a marathon without problems.

In addition to wearing these to run in, I did just wear them around and got some street cred with my high school students who told me they were "lit". In fact, numerous people from teenagers to grandmas told me they liked my shoes. Once these are "retired" they will be my go to shoes.

👍

  • Most comfortable shoes I've worn
  • superior cushioning
  • arch support is actually there (although it does take a different appearance than traditional shoes
  • responsive
  • light 8.3 oz
  • awesome styling



👎

  • wear and tear seem to be showing after a month on the uppers, snagged on the side on one shoe so I have big loop hanging off
  • may not work if you must have an orthotic in your shoe
  • not "traditional" looking
  • price tag $180
Fraying starting by the big toe area

Overall, I loved these shoes. If you wear a neutral shoe and have minimal biomechanical problems these shoes are for you. Way to go, Adidas!!!!
note: you can see through my arches


4 comments:

  1. If you are looking for the best shoes for Nike, then you are definitely in the right place. Best shoes out right now to do Nike in. Find out why these shoes are considered to be the best, as well as looking at some of the different functions that come with the shoe. running trainers ladies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful great going, I love your work and look forward for more work from your side. I am a regular visitor of this site and by now have suggested many people.
    chapple

    ReplyDelete
  3. After study a few of the content for your website now, i genuinely as if your technique of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark website list and are checking back soon. Pls have a look at my website too and told me if you agree. jordan 1 high

    ReplyDelete
  4. Puede encontrar réplicas de zapatillas de alta calidad, réplicas de zapatos en la tienda Testcini de China, réplicas de compras en línea de Adidas, Nike, AIR JORDAN, zapatillas Yeezy. Réplica de zapatillas deportivas

    ReplyDelete

Review: Athlinks

Disclaimer:  I am promoting  Athlinks  as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a  BibRave Pro (ambassador) , and check out...