|Better than the boot or aircast!|
- Dr. said I could start PT, ditch the boot and upgrade to a smaller sleeker ankle brace for 6 weeks. Yay!
- I have swelling still in the front of my ankle which makes my ROM (range of motion) pretty limited but it's way better that it was 5 weeks ago. I have a nodule in the front that the Dr. spent more time poking at then anywhere else. He says he sees this on occasion and that it's fluid trapped under something or another. So technical I know, but it was a week ago.
|Can you see that lump in front?|
- I went back to my PT who helped me with my planter fasciitis.
- I get to start with fun things like:
- stretching my calf (BTW- impossible with swelling!), As I sat there, with my toes half way up on of those boards for stretching your calf and trying to hold it for 30 secs. was so hard. It hurt (was it more than 4 on the pain scale, yes, so technically I shouldn't do it, but I didn't say anything, since that seems to be key for ROM).
- lovely ROM stuff with the BAPS board (sitting down),
- scooting around the office backwards on the rolly chair (best part!),
- marching on a cushy pad
- stepping up and over a 4" board (and it was tough).
- I get to have ultrasound to work on the swelling, manual manipulation of my ankle (trying to get it to move in the right ways) and a nice massage to work the swelling down.
- Then ice for 10 minutes. Fun times! x 3 week, but progress is progress...next time Therabands! woot! woot!
Cardio of the week: Spinning 3 days this week, kept resistance down- no pain!
A few of my favorite Pins of the week: