Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Fall recap: soccer, needles & knees

The soccer season is over!* (Well, unless you count indoor that starts in a week) which means family dinners together and running after work instead of round n round the soccer fields.
Every Weds & Thurs Run since August. 


My fall went so fast I can't believe that next week is November. Which means my Hot Chocolate 15k race is next Sunday!!!! Eak! Although, my training has been going really well (with the exception of my darn knee). I'm actually running the HC15k on Sunday then running ORRRC Fall Festival 15k on Saturday.

My weeks have been consisting of Mondays off, Tues easy run between 5-7 miles, Weds (at soccer practice) are speed days with variety of intervals with total of 7-9 miles, Thurs (at soccer practice) are recovery easy run days, Fri low mileage 4-5 miles, Sats/Sun are 9-13 miles with the other day being easy. Weekly mileage has been between 30-40 miles.

Dry needling
My biggest concern is my knee.  I have runner's knee, which a generic term meaning I have pain around my knee cap. Usually it bothers me after my runs, going up and down stairs. I started seeing a PT that focuses on a very hands on way. He also loves dry needling. It hurts but it works and keeps me going.

Excited about my first Hot Chocolate 15k. I was hoping to go with some friends but family schedules make it hard this time of year. Looks like I'm going alone. My introverted self is doing a happy dance. Alone time! yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Athlinks

Disclaimer:  I am promoting  Athlinks  as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a  BibRave Pro (ambassador) , and check out...