Monday, January 9, 2012

Fail

Sometimes you have to pick yourself up and carry on, but I'm not sure where I'm going

I was so excited to have "survived the dreaded shot".  My foot was sore where the injection when in but my plantar fasciitis pain was gone!  Yay!  I have my new shoes- and I spent my weekend planning my comeback.    I decided that I'm going to use the pfitzinger plan  for people returning to running after a long recovery from an injury.  I love sitting down and writing a training plan.  I love seeing it laid out- where I'm heading.  Here's my plan.  So excited!  Then I'm going to plan for using Hal Higdon's 10k plan for the Flying Pig 10k in May.  I have 17 weeks- plenty of time! I decided that the Flying Pig 1/2 marathon might be too ambitious for the spring time.  So, I am waiting until next week to start this.  I know I need to give my heel time to heal.  I did all of this on Saturday.  Then came Sunday...

I had tweeks/twinges on Saturday night that felt more like my "normal PF" pain.  Then Sunday, I was hopefully going for a small run- I was going to see how I felt after going to the grocery store.  Well, crap, crap, crap...it hurt, but it hurt like it did last week. No run today.  Not what I wanted.  So, I bawled, my poor dh thought I'd hurt myself somehow, but I am so frustrated!  Seriously? 4 days? That's it?  So, trying to stay positive, the dr did say it might take a week to fully kick in- so just maybe I need a few more days...  I'm feeling rather pessimistic though. 

So now, where do I go from here?  I like to know what's next.  I'm going to wait til Thursday to call my Dr, since I should at least give it a week, then probably wait another 2 weeks to get in to see him.  I wish I knew what would be next.  I really was hoping this shot would be the cure all...

On other random running stuff...
Read the new Runner's World, and I'm super psyched to watch the 2012  Olympic marathon trials next week.  I didn't know much about Desiree Davila but now I can't wait to see how she does.  Also there are a few locals running who work at my local running store.  Here's a link about Jason Ordway from whom I bought my awesome kick butt shoes Saucony Kinvaras.  Go Jason! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Athlinks

Disclaimer:  I am promoting  Athlinks  as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a  BibRave Pro (ambassador) , and check out...