Sunday, February 11, 2018

Product Review: Aftershokz Trekz Air

Disclaimer: I received the Aftershokz Trekz Air as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out Bibrave.com to review, find and write race reviews.

Last year I was first introduced to Aftershokz (see here) and I was really impressed by well they sounded and loved the fact they stayed put while running. The one thing I didn't like with the last pair was the cord and battery/power pack that was attached to it.  So when I had an option to test out the wireless Aftershokz Trekz Air I jumped at the chance. 
Here's what their website say about them:
  • Bone conduction technology delivers music through your cheekbones, ensuring ears remain completely open to hear ambient sounds
  • A 20% lighter build than its counterpart
  • A new organic design delivers increased comfort
  • Complete wraparound titanium design provides a flexible fit for unnoticeable all-day comfort and stability
  • OpenFit™ design ensures maximum situational awareness and comfort during long-term wear
  • PremiumPitch+™ guarantees a premium audio experience, including wide dynamic range and rich bass
  • Bluetooth® v4.2 connectivity and convenient multipoint pairing
  • LeakSlayer™ technology significantly reduces natural sound leakage
  • IP55 certified to repel sweat, dust and moisture, from workouts to wicked weather
  • Enjoy six hours of continuous music + calls on a single charge
  • EQ presets boost bass and reduce vibration on the go
  • Dual noise canceling microphones exclude surrounding noise, effectively enhancing speech
  • Audrey Says™ voice prompts guide users through power, pair, play and talk
  • Hassle-free 2-year warranty
super easy & comfy
When I got the Trekz Airs, it was super easy to set up. I paired my phone and headphones within a minute or two of getting them out of the box. Then it was off to the gym to test them out!

awkward cord on JayBirds
I've haven't been running (7 weeks now, not that I'm counting...) so I've had to become friends with the elliptical at my local rec center. Going wireless has been amazing and with the Trekz Air even more so. I got a pair of Jaybirds wireless for Christmas and they are in the ear with a wire attached and the power buttons on them. Anyways it's weird and the buttons always make that side heavier and lopsided. I was always adjusting them, which is hard when your on an elliptical! The Trekz Air just hang over your ear and since they are made of titanium they are super lightweight. I never need to adjust them or think about them. I will never go back to my Jaybirds.

looks weird but it worked
When I tried the Aftershokz with the wire, I didn't like that I couldn't wear a winter hat since the headphones made the hat stretch out over the ears and my ears got cold. This time I tried the headphones and put them over the hat and they worked great! I thought maybe the headphones had to be directly on skin, well apparently not!

Last weekend,  I spent almost the entire day wearing them, listening to music while I cleaned up the house. I was able to walk around almost the entire house with them on and had my phone charging. The bluetooth connection was fabulous. The only time I had a problem was upstairs and a few plaster walls between the headphones and my phone. They were so lightweight I almost forgot that I had them on.

I would highly recommend these. Is it worth the  $179 price tag? I think so. You can listen to your music yet be aware of your surroundings. You never will have to deal with earbuds falling out of your ear or missing the rubber covering on the earbud. They are so light weight you won't even feel them.

I can't wait to try these out on a run outside but I got to get my knee better first!






2 comments:

  1. Surprize. Aftershockz Bone Conduction headphones.
    I would recommend more detailed information from link. Dont belive me try it https://www.boneconductionheadphone.blogspot.com.
    Thursday, Updated 2019

    ReplyDelete
  2. DR WILLIAMS CURED 7 YEARS AUTISM
    I am sharing this testimony for my daughter who suffered autism for 7 years. I am doing this, because I was her mother and caregiver  during her dark days and am very happy to share it so that others can be helped through  DR WILLIAMS HERBAL MEDICINE. It was a tough a battle for her; I was not actually the one who hard autism, but bearing the burden makes me understand what parents whose children and love with autism go through.
    Lesia now 19 and was diagnosed with autism at the age of twelve, for seven years, she fought against her diagnosis. I must admit it was never easy for us as a family; we had to constantly watch her, and answer questions that we couldn’t explain. On several occasions, she asked if she will ever stop having speech delay and get well like her school mates and be the best swimmer she dreamt of becoming. She was a very happy child; and had a ‘normal’ childhood and there was no suggestion that she would later on develop autism. 
    She refused to accept defeat and fought autism. She religiously kept to her medications in spite of their side effects. We all wanted a cure, so that she can chase her dream and live a normal life like every other child. But the more she takes these medications, the more her school grade drop. She couldn’t concentrate and we noticed that her memory was being severely adversely affected. Each time we went back to the hospital, her medicines were changed to a different one. Seems like, each change of drug brings about change in side effects. After about 6 years on   Abilify ,  Geodon  , and other medicines, it seemed the autism started to increase in frequency. I had to make effort to reduce her medicines with plans to eventually stop it all. We found an alternative treatment in homeopathy, which was better than her English drugs. Gradually, I reduced her drugs, and her autism were no longer as frequent as it was as when she was on conventional drugs.
    With our little breakthrough with homeopathy treatment, we made further search for natural cure. Fortunately we saw testimonies about herbal medicines which cure autism. We saw a lot of claims though, contacted them and didn’t get a useful reply. Lucky for us, we finally got a reply from Doctor Williams, he directed us to his blog where we saw a lot of information about his herbal medicine . Without further delay I made a purchase for her, I switched her over to it. We had great breakthrough, that in 3 weeks, her autism reduced. After 1 months as Doctor Williams promised , all autism symptoms stopped. It was like a miracle for us. since all this days now Lesia became autism free. Her story is quite lengthy, I hope it also help someone out there.for more information you can email Dr Williams on drwilliams098675@gmail.com  

    ReplyDelete

Review: Athlinks

Disclaimer:  I am promoting  Athlinks  as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a  BibRave Pro (ambassador) , and check out...