Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Well, crap...


For all the trouble (Read about it here) of getting iontophoresis for my plantar fasciitis, I end up with an allergy to the medicine dexomethasone.  Really? Yes, really.  Sometimes you have to wonder if it is fate.  I was not supposed to get iontophoresis for this injury. 

So, I called and made my appointment for my cortisone shot.  Totally dreading the day, but I've survived natural childbirth, so maybe this won't be so bad.  Right?  Just have to wait til Jan. 5th now.  Meanwhile, I've got a new fancy tape job on my foot that my PT is trying.  It took about 20 minutes to do and frankly it feels about the same w/ the tape than without.  It does feel more "supported" though. 


Meanwhile, I ordered torture devices for my heel.  Including a calf stretcher/foot rocker and massage ball which came today in the mail. So, maybe, in addition to all the stuff I'm doing, this will help too.  I'll let you know. 

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! Sorry to hear that didn't go well for you :(

    I'm currently struggling with foot pain too and I'm 1 month away from my most ambitions race ever. ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least it wasn't serious I just had a rash on my arms for the 2weeks I did it. I just assumed it was something else since it wasn't near my foot. Unfortunately the ionto was the only new thing.
    What's your big race?

    ReplyDelete

Review: Athlinks

Disclaimer:  I am promoting  Athlinks  as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a  BibRave Pro (ambassador) , and check out...